College of Veterinary Medicine Library
The CVM Library supports the educational goals of the College of Veterinary Medicine by providing access to print and electronic materials in all core areas of Veterinary Science, as well as some general medicine.
- Free digital access to every issue of the Pegasus, the College of Veterinary Medicine's yearbook
Theses and Dissertations
- CVM theses and dissertations in print are located in the front of the journals section of the library
- Many more online in the ProQuest Theses & Dissertations Database; limit your search to MSU items by clicking on Advanced Search, and using the pulldown menu to search for Mississippi State University under "School Name/Code"
- Open Reserve items - including all DVM and VMT textbooks and the Veterinary Clinics of North America series - can be borrowed and taken from the library for two hours.
- Closed Reserve items are books, videos, etc. which have been placed on Reserve in the library by a professor for students to access. Closed Reserve items may be checked out and used in the library for 2 hours.
DVM students: Find externship opportunities using the Externship Database. Access the Database from any computer in our lab.
Ask at the Information Desk to borrow:
- Power strips
- Ethernet cords
- White board markers and erasers
- Automatic staplers
- 3-hole punches
- Paper cutters
Group Study Rooms
Our 4 study rooms accommodate up to 4 people and are equipped with white boards, TV/DVD/VCR, or 42" flat-screen monitors. To reserve, call us at (662) 325-1256 or visit the Information Desk.
Our conference room accommodates up to 10 people and is equipped with a 42" flat-screen monitor. To reserve, call us at (662) 325-1256 or visit the Information Desk.
CVM Library Classroom
The CVM Library Classroom is equipped with a 70” flat-screen monitor. Contact Jenny Burns or the Office of Academic Affairs at (662)-325-1078 for more information or to make a reservation.